The Mission to Seafarers will present awards to seafarers and operational staff within the maritime industry in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the welfare of others. The Awards will be presented at the upcoming Seafarers’ Awards Dinner, which will take place on 11 May 2018 at the InterContinental Hotel, Middle Street, Singapore.
At the inaugural event sponsored by Shell, BHP, The China Navigation Company and North P&I Club, five awards will be presented:
• The seafarer who has contributed significantly to the welfare of fellow crew on-board
• The seafarer who has contributed significantly to crew welfare within their organisation
• The shore-based employee who has made a significant contribution to seafarers’ welfare
• The company which has made a signification contribution to seafarers’ welfare
• Secretary General’s special award for outstanding service to seafarers
An eminent team of judges has been selected and will be chaired by Rev Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General of the Mission.
Over 200 people are expected to attend the dinner, with a limited number of tables and individual seats still available. Attendees will enjoy a drinks reception, sponsored by HFW, followed by a three-course meal. Tickets can be booked by emailing Jan Webber on firstname.lastname@example.org and all proceeds will go towards supporting the Mission’s work in the port of Singapore, including ship visits and seafarers’ centers. A number of sponsorship packages are still available for those who wish to show their support for seafarers and recognise the integral role they play in the industry.