Freight Analyst – Dubai
We are currently partnered with a newly launched shipping venture headquartered out of Dubai and connected to a new commodity trader and are looking for an experienced Freight Analyst to join the new setup which is on the verge of going live.
This role will be working closely with the freight team to conduct global freight market research. Prepare regular and special reports, presentations and other information materials on the global maritime freight transport market.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Engineering
- Advanced computer skills (including writing models of information processing and forecasting), experience of work with KPLER/AIS Data
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant work experience with major companies in the industry
Job Responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of freight market models (price forecasting for freight rates for different vessel types), to assist the freight and trading desks
- Participation in connection and processing data from external sources for use in models
- Conducting global freight market research and development of weekly periodical reports
- Prepare reporting, reference and presentation materials on the global maritime freight transport market and the Company’s position in it
- Provide high-skilled and prompt advisory and methodological support to the Company Subsidiaries associated with marketing information provision, including insights on the market of coal and other commodities of interest to the Company
If you are interested in the above role, apply now or get in touch with [email protected] for more information.