IT Officer – Athens
We are looking to find an experienced IT Officer to provide technical assistance and support for a Greek Shipowner (SME) based in the Northern Suburbs of Athens. You will be the primary point of contact for troubleshooting IT issues onboard vessels and onshore locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years of experience supporting IT systems in the maritime industry
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, and related systems
- Experience with networking, VPN, firewalls, and satellite communications
- Knowledge of ERP platforms and Citrix virtualization a plus
- Fluent in English; Greek language skills desirable
- Provide friendly, knowledgeable technical support to personnel and crew
- Monitor and maintain systems to ensure high availability and performance
- Install hardware/software and perform upgrades both shipboard and onshore
- Troubleshoot various system and networking issues and restore operations
- Create detailed documentation and generate reports on support issues
- Procure necessary hardware and software per IT policies
- Travel to vessels to install new equipment and provide maintenance
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits in a fast-paced work environment.
To be considered for this role, you must already be located in Greece.