Spinnaker are assisting Gard (UK) in finding their next Office Manager in London as the current Office Manager will be returning to the head office in June 2021.
The Office Manager essentially ensures the smooth running of the office on a day to day basis by whilst supporting the leadership team and managing the administrative team.
The position provides great variety and you will be responsible and/or involved in the following areas:
• Supervising the work of the administrative staff; the administrative team consists of two receptionists, two office support coordinators, one accountant and one technology support staff.
• You will work closely with the Managing Director and the local Leadership Team
• Liaising with staff, suppliers and external stakeholders.
• Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems.
• You will be responsible for local processes and procedures covering contracts and compliance with Employment regulation in the UK and ensuring compliance with Health and Safety policies for the office.
• You will be involved in onboarding of new employees and ensuring that the overall insurance and benefit plans for all employees in London are up to date and correct.
• Developing and maintaining the personnel handbook and procedures. You will support staff when necessary and guide them. You will be responsible for administrative procedures, insurance claims, visa applications etc.
• Securing compliance and collaboration with the global HR team, Company Secretary and Compliance department.
• Sustainability reporting for Gard (UK) Limited.
• Liaising with auditors, both external and internal, and assisting with the auditing process.
• Oversee purchase/refurbishment/repairs of the office and company flats and/or house.
Successful candidates will have a relevant degree and work experience in a similar role.
You will ideally have a formal finance and accounting background and be familiar with UK employment and labour law.
You need to be team oriented, have very good communication skills as well as the ability to master a very diverse set of tasks.
All applicants are required to have the existing right to live, and work in the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline – November 25th 2020
For over 100 years, Gard have focussed on providing the maritime industries with insurance products that offer financial protection and practical assistance when disaster strikes.
You must sign in to apply for this position.