Spinnaker has partnered with a well-respected shipowner/operator to find a Head of Procurement for their Singapore Office.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall procurement strategy to support their growing fleet. You will drive effective supplier management, cost solutions and quality results.
Day to day responsibilities is as follows;
– Develop category strategies supporting the company’s overall strategic goals
– Establish strategic relationships and contracts with key suppliers to ensure reliable and seamless delivery of all spares and stores
– Engage with industry leaders to stay up to date with industry trends and introduce best practices within the organization
– Drive innovations and initiatives within the organization towards an effective and digitized environment
– Develop and implement in the day-to-day the tailored e-procurement roadmap for the company
– Establish, forecast and manage the procurement budget
– Drive effective supplier management through consistent standards, policies, procedures and quality, cost and performance metrics
– Identify gaps and areas of opportunities for proper planning and cost optimization
– Oversee the inventory control and supplier transfer pricing audits
You would enjoy putting your planning and negotiation skills to the test and has the ability to secure what is best for the organization. At the same time, having the capabilities to think big, long term and strategically is a core capability for the role. You would be detail-oriented and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and suppliers in an organized and effective approach.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
– Minimum Degree in Procurement or a related discipline
– 8 to 10 years experience in strategic procurement
– Proven track record in developing and implementing procurement processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Proficient in IT skills and proven hands-on experience with Microsoft Office
– Experience in the shipping industry will be an advantage
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Liam Daly on +44 1702 480 142.
You must sign in to apply for this position.