Dry Freight Trader – UK
Our client, a major grain trader in the UK, are looking for a Dry Freight Trader to join their team in Glasgow.
They are looking for someone with 4 years’ experience as a Dry Bulk Freight Trader or Chartering Manager of Dry Bulk vessels. You would need an established book of contracts in the freight sector, a good understanding of the bulk freight market and of COS, Spot and Time charter agreements. Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving abilities are required along with the ability to recognize, plan for and execute short and long term trading opportunities.
– Identifying and vetting prospective carriers and brokers to build a pipeline of service providers.
– Secure shipments and coordinate all activities associated to the pickup and drop off of shipments.
– Plan for and execute short and long term trading opportunities.
– Independently handle and monitor trading positions and charter terms.
– Coach and provide leadership by example.
– Gather information from traders to determine their shipping needs.
– Understand port options and maximise opportunities.
– Negotiate with carriers/brokers.
– Ensuring accurate records are kept.
– Being aware of regional effects on the international freight markets.
Flexible working conditions are available on request.
This role can also be based from London with travel to Glasgow required frequently.
If this role is of interest to you, apply below or contact email@example.com.
You must sign in to apply for this position.