Head of Global Market Research – Dubai
Are you an experienced market research professional with deep expertise in the dry bulk shipping and commodities industries? Are you passionate about driving business growth through strategic insights and competitive intelligence?
We are currently seeking a dynamic and proactive Head of Global Market Research to develop and lead our market research initiatives. The successful candidate will have an exceptional track record in commodity analytics and the shipping industry to drive transformative change within the organization.
This role is based in the Dubai, UAE office.
This role is focused on leading global market research. The Head of Global Market Research will build and develop a global internal team focused on research and delivery of action-oriented data on the commodities freight markets for application to the business strategy. This information will be used to identify business opportunities with both existing and new customers. Qualified candidates must have relevant experience in commodity markets with an emphasis on research and business opportunity creation for the Company’s chartering teams.
• Design and implement a comprehensive, data-driven market research strategy for the company’s global dry bulk goods shipping business.
• Build a global, field-based research team (EMEA, APAC, Latin America, North America) who can deliver valuable commodity marketing insights for company leadership and business development.
• Continuously identify and prioritize research areas, including commodity and geographic market size and growth, shipping demand, competitor pricing strategies, and customer preferences and needs.
• Deliver insightful and actionable market intelligence to company leadership and chartering teams, ensuring informed decision-making and strategic planning.
• Demonstrate a clear connection between market research efforts and improved profit per shipment.
• Hire, lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing global market research team, promoting collaboration and innovation.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Economics, Marketing, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in market research, preferably within commodities markets. Experience in dry bulk shipping helpful.
• Exceptional data and research skills and capabilities – collection, analysis, and mining.
• Demonstrated expertise in ship owner, operator, and charterer relations and strategies.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights.
• Proven track record of delivering results and driving positive change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a focus on developing and retaining top talent.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
For more information contact Matthew Cornelius at [email protected].
You must sign in to apply for this position.