Purchasing Manager – Aberdeen
Purchasing Manager – Aberdeen, UK
We are working with a growing offshore company who would like to hire an experienced Purchasing Manager to lead the team from their office in Aberdeen, Scotland. In this role, you will develop purchasing and logistics strategies to support our global fleet of vessels and offshore operations.
– Develop and execute purchasing strategies to source equipment, parts, and materials from international suppliers
– Build relationships with new and existing international suppliers to reduce costs and risk
– Analyze global market price trends to get optimal pricing on parts and materials
– Lead contract negotiations with domestic and international vendors
– Optimize logistics and transportation operations to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery
– Oversee purchase order process from requisition to invoice payment
– Prepare reports on purchasing metrics like spend under management, savings achieved, etc.
– Manage team of purchasing agents and coordinate with other departments
– 5+ years of experience in a purchasing role, preferably in the offshore or maritime industry
– Existing network of international suppliers in target regions
– Knowledge of INCOTERMs and other global trade standards
– Demonstrated success in reducing purchasing costs
– Ability to travel up to 30% internationally
– Leadership skills to manage purchasing team members
– Strategic thinker with analytical abilities
– Proficient in ERP/purchasing software and Excel
They will provide a competitive salary and benefits along with opportunities for advancement with a growing offshore company.
To be considered for this role, you must hold UK working entitlement with no restrictions. Please note that our client can not provide sponsorship.