Technical Compliance Officer – London
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Technical Compliance Officer for a Ship Registry based in London.
The nature of the role is to ensure compliance with international Code and convention requirements for registered ships. Along with providing advice to ship owners, managers and classification societies and other parties on International Legislation.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to ship owners, managers, classification societies and other stakeholders on maritime legislation and statutory requirements of The Bahamas and international conventions.
- Oversee and manage The Company’s annual inspection regime and follow up on any required actions.
- Oversee port state detentions and take necessary follow up measures.
- Conduct reviews to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and issue relevant certifications.
- Deliver technical presentations as needed.
- Conduct technical reviews of vessels proposed for registration and provide recommendations.
- Represent The Company at International Maritime Organization (IMO) meetings and other bodies as required. Actively participate in working and correspondent groups.
- Attend and lead marketing activities and stakeholder meetings in support of business development as required.
- Develop and revise technical guidance documents and policies.
- Serve as Emergency Response Officer and Port State Control Officer on a rotational basis.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director/Head of Department.
- Senior level seagoing experience as Master/Chief Engineer or survey experience with a classification society or flag state preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of maritime regulations and conventions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and represent the organization.
The company will offer a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, healthy pension, private medical insurance and hybrid working.
You must hold UK working entitlement with no future sponsorship to be considered for this role
To find out more, please contact me on 01702 480 142.