Technical Officer – London
We have an opportunity for a Technical Officer position within the Maritime Affairs division of a reputable Flag State Administration.
This role is responsible for important maritime research, reviewing documents, and preparing internal briefing papers to inform the state’s positions in international maritime forums.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on maritime flag state policy and international conventions. Your work will help the Maritime Affairs team maintain the flag state’s strong reputation internationally.
- Assist the Maritime Affairs department in all matters as needed
- Attend and contribute to industry working groups and correspondence
- Conduct research on current maritime topics and analyze relevant data
- Maintain databases and filing systems related to meetings, submissions, reports, etc.
- Organize and support multi-organization meetings and webinars
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes
- Contribute to internal websites and social media
- Represent the department at sub-committee and IMO meetings
- You must have strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of international maritime regulations and experience attending IMO or maritime industry meetings is preferred.
Ideally you would be experienced in researching maritime topics and summarizing findings for official documents. Be comfortable working in a multicultural environment, possess strong interpersonal skills, and have the right to live and work in the UK.
- University degree in Nautical Science, Marine Science, Marine Engineering or related discipline
- Some sailing experience preferred
- Knowledge of flag state roles and responsibilities
- Familiarity with IMODOCs platform
Benefits include competitive salary, working from home two days per week, pension contribution, private medical insurance, and interest-free season ticket loan.
To apply, submit required documents by February 2nd, 2024.