WE spotted this great shipping quiz online, and thought we'd share it. Why not circulate it round your office – and let us know how you get on!
1. Who was Malcolm McLean?
2. Why is TEEKAY named TEEKAY?
3. What is a T2 TANKER?
4. Who was Captain Hazelwood?
1. What is TPI (or, in metric system, TCPI)?
2. Translate SHINC, SHEX and FIOST
3. What are DESPATCH and DEMURRAGE?
4. What is a relet?
1. What is the JONES ACT OF 1920?
2. What is OPA 90?
1. How many locks on the Suez Canal?
2. What is the LOOP and where is it?
3. Where is the AG relative to the PG?
1. How many cranes on a modern capesize bulker?
2. How often are special surveys supposed to be done?
3. What is a PLIMSOLL MARK?
4. Translate H&M and P&I
1. Translate VLCC, OBO, PSV, RORO, FPSO
2. What is TEU?
3. What is AFRA (as in AFRAMAX)?