HR Consulting from Spinnaker Global has finalised the agenda for their two day conference in London.
Now in its 13th year, the maritime HR Conference taking place on the 9 & 10 May attracts more than 150 delegates (representing shipowners, shipmanagers, oil companies, commodity groups and other maritime employers such as classification societies and P&I clubs).
Many attendees return year on year; saying:
‘You always find ways to get creative and resourceful in identifying interesting themes that will help us all become better business partners’
‘We already see the progress that the industry has made in the past few years and I think you can proudly say you are part of making the movement happen.’
‘Thank you very much to you and the team for providing such informative presentations’
‘All panels & presentations were very interesting’
And the 2019 conference looks no different. So what’s on?
Thursday 9 May:
- Keynote speech: Nusrat Ghani MP, UK Minister for Maritime
- Maritime economics: Stephen Gordon, Clarkson Research
- CEO panel discussion: Guy Platten, International Chamber of Shipping; Julie Lithgow, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, Paul Jennings, North of England P&I Association; Peter Borup, Norvic Shipping
- Importance of communication: Sven O’Keeffe-Sharpe, Virgin Atlantic
- Wellbeing panel discussion: Andrew Cowderoy, ZS Wellness; Inmarsat; Raal Harris, Videotel/KVH; Andrew Dudzinski, MHG Insurance Brokers; Helen Kelly, Nautilus
- Minimising human error: Holger Egener, Peter Döhle Schiffahrts; Marius Grindemann, Cut-e
Friday 10 May:
- Human Capital Reporting: Wilson Wong, CIPD
- ‘How do we engage our people in the digital age?’: Mark Stokes, MWA Communications
- Diversity & inclusion panel discussion: Hisham Alkhaldi, Bahri; Rafal Huber, Cargill; Caitlin Vaughan, ISWAN; Heidi Watson, Clyde & Co
- Learning & Development Case study: t-three
- Maritime careers: Nautilus International
- Information exchange (Appraisals, Pensions, Reward and Diversity & Ability) in conjunction with Ensign and DnA Matters
- ‘Crew Stability and mentoring; how these strategies can give shipping companies a competitive edge’: Dr. Kate Pike, Southampton University
MHG Insurance Brokers are once again sponsoring a champagne reception on both evenings, providing excellent networking opportunities.
To find out more or book your place, please get in touch with the HR Consulting team via +44 (0)1702481660 or [email protected]