The Maritime HR Association annual conference is coming very soon; taking place in London on 12 and 13 May.
If you are in maritime HR, or you employ people within the shipping industry, this really is an invaluable 2-day event. We know what the majority of industry events are like – and we're proud to say that genuinely, we're different from the rest. This is the biggest maritime HR conference with real content, industry insight, and almost everyone who attends are from shipowners, shipmanagers, shipbrokers, commodities, bunkers, oil majors and liner companies.
Our event is not a sales pitch. This conference is about sharing information, asking delegates for feedback, and giving real life examples of how you can improve your workforce and their output. We’re all about discussing the ways to make teams work better, to ensure that risk is managed in one of the world’s most dangerous industries. Shipping is an ever-evolving industry, and this conference aims to showcase what is next for maritime.
The agenda includes:
- A whistle-stop tour of the history of modern shipping
- Maritime economics
- The shipping market and its implications for HR professionals
- Career management training: Clipper case study
- The pitfalls of poor management
- How to avoid legal issues when moving your people around the globe
- Goodship: a Fair Transport initiative
- Performance management: Scorpio case study
- Senior Executive panel discussion: HR as a strategic business partner
- The common behaviours in top performers
- Retirement savings and benefits: Zurich case study
- Identifying skills for the future
Participating speakers will be appearing from:
Nautilus International, Clarksons, Clyde & Co, Seafarers' Trust, Clipper, Sustainable Shipping Initiative, MHG, Scorpio, Lloyd's Register, Frontline Management, Actus Software, Zurich, Facet5.
You can view the agenda here: https://issuu.com/spinnakerglobal/docs/maritime_hr_association_conference_
To find out more or to book your place, please email Jessica Forbes at [email protected].