We are currently working with a leading tanker pool operator, specialising in commercial asset management of chemical and oil tankers, to find a Chemical Tanker Vessel Operator to join their team in Singapore.
This is due to an expansion the company is currently going through.
· To ensure that all voyages are performed with primary regard to the safety of the crew, vessel and the protection of the environment
· Maintain close relationships with charterers, pool members, managers, partners, brokers, agents, etc.
· Understand the specifications of the vessels under one’s remit and terms agreed with Owner to ensure vessels are operated within these agreements
· Ensure compliance with charterparty terms agreed
· In a timely fashion, provide Master with all require information, including but limited to: voyage orders, suggested stowage, relevant MSDS, discharge instructions, etc.
· Ensure that all relevant parties are updated on changes to orders and vessel itineraries
· Negotiate agency fees and appoint agents as necessary
· Provisionally plan the stowage of booked cargoes in compliance with relevant regulatory regulations, vessel limitations, charterparty and customer requirements
· Timely, efficient, and cost-effective coordination and purchase of bunkers
· Coordinate in close cooperation with vessels’ Master and local agent most efficient port turnaround/rotation where relevant, closely monitoring performance in port
· Monitor performance and minimise vessels’ operational costs to ensure performance of voyages are in line with expectations
· Check accuracy and approving of cargo documentation such as bills of lading, statement of facts, etc.
· Coordinate with the vessels’ Master and ship managers in the event of a marine incident and escalate to Management
· Check freight/hire invoices to ensure accuracy upon completion of loading or delivery/re-delivery to Charterers
· Ensure that voyage management system (IMOS) is timely and accurate
· Relevant experience as a Ship Operator in the chemical trade is preferred. Candidates coming directly from sea will also be considered provided they have sailed on chemical tankers to a minimum rank of 3rd Officer.
· University or Diploma holder
· Fluent in written and spoken English in ensure seamless communication with internal and external stakeholders.
· Knowledge of IBC Code
· Experience using IMOS is desirable
· US work entitlement required
If you hold the desired experience and skill set, apply below, or contact Matthew at [email protected]