We are currently working with an international tanker broking company, who are operating in London, to hire a Head of Claims to cover their demurrage desk.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigate each claim by gathering information, reviewing, and analysing and creating reports for management.
- Complete freight claim paperwork, paper or electronic.
- Track communications and follow ups with owners and charterers during the claims process.
- Negotiate settlements with carriers on behalf of the client by mutual communication and agreeance.
- Identify and communicate reoccurring operations errors to management when applicable.
- Communicate updates on freight claims to claimant parties when requested.
- Assist department and front office with miscellaneous duties.
- Handle multi-department filing including font office expenses handling and negotiating with service providers for best deals for the company.
Person specification includes:
- More than 5 years experience dealing with tanker demurrage claims.
- Knowledge of brokerage software systems (Q88/TRIGONAL/AXS) Preferred.
- Knowledge in Excel required.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Must be able to organise workload to manage and prioritise a range of different tasks simultaneously, some of which are ambiguous in nature.
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership for their areas of their responsibility.
- Demonstration of an excellent affinity for working within a team of diverse people and implementing change.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
If this role is of interest to you, please get in touch via [email protected] or apply today!